Tuesday, April 15, 2008

So I been thinking

Tomorrow’s my first day at the new gig. I have been thinking of the spiel they gave me during the interview about visionaries and pushing the boundaries of technology. And this guy Dr. Gough, who is the founder. I actually met him at a lecture way back when and was pretty impressed. They went on about how they’ve studied what makes a good start up and what makes a bad one (told me to look at this post).

Their philosophy on startups is big part of why I choose this job over the other offers out there. They really believe they are going to push technology forward. Not by an inch, but by leaps and bounds. I’m thinking Dr. Gough (who I didn’t get to meet at the interview) is like the guy working on the SkyCar. Having an idea, working hard, building your dream. That’s the way to do it. What’s not to love? And let’s not forget the perks of a well-founded startup. Student loans, you’ve been put on warning.

Somewhat inspired by the My Start Up Life, but with start I am going to try to record my experience of working in a start up. It’s probably been done a hundred times before, but this one will be different. Cause it will be me. Hopefully it will be interesting to someone besides me. But no promises.

No comments: