Wednesday, March 26, 2008

10 Ideas That Are Changing The World

Great article from Time.

It is a little disturbing to start thinking that the world is becoming fundamentally different from when I was born. I am going to hold back on saying that means I’m growing up, but we’re headed in that direction. There are some scary times ahead and that geoengineering stuff particularly creeps me out. I’ve seen enough sci-fi movies to know that when we try to fix one thing, we could inadvertently create something worse. But something needs to be done. Just yesterday a huge chunk of the Antarctic ice shelf fell into the water.

Then again, the article points to some things that are changing for the good. Almost like the whole world is growing up. The search for authenticity is so much of what I’m searching for. It’s more or less why I have been half-heartedly looking for jobs. I don’t want just any job. I want something real. I don’t want to work somewhere that doesn’t really care about what they’re making, as long as it gets made. There’s got to be some passion behind it, or what’s the point. Like the article says, maybe I just want to feeling of something real, good or bad. If it’s fake, fine, but just be honest about it. Like these job posting I see are all about how great the opportunity is then it turns out to be a glorified sweatshop. Maybe I’ll have to settle, but I’m not all about being tricked into settling.

No comments: