Saturday, March 8, 2008

MIX in Las Vegas

Back home after being in Vegas for MIX. I’m pretty impoverished at this point, so I figured I could bug my dad for money if I mentioned “networking” and “Microsoft.” Totally worked.



The conference was good and I actually did do some networking/resume dropping/low-level pleading. We’ll see where that goes. One cool session I went was held by Dan Roam on solving complex problems with a visual approach. Apparently he’s worked with the Federal Reserve Bank (maybe not the best reference right now), the Navy, Wal-Mart etc. and they just love him. I have always been a visual learner, so it’s cool to hear that that could apply to jobs I have in the future (assuming they’ve listened to him). I’m gonna grab his book as soon as it’s available on Amazon (thank you gift cards). It’s called: The Back of the Napkin: Solving Problems and Selling Ideas with Pictures. There’s a quick review here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to meet you at Mix. Let's stay in touch.

codewtrN8 said...

Hey, thanks Lynn. You too. I'm on my way to SoCal now!