Sunday, March 16, 2008

SWXW 2008

I have a friend who lives in Austin now, so I thought it was a great time to expand my job search to somewhere a bit cooler. And do some more parent-funded networking. SXSW is so crazy. As people say, it’s like Spring Break for Web 2.0. Basically it’s an excuse to see some bands and movies while telling my dad I am looking for a job. I mean I did see some interesting speakers and have a few good conversations. One of my favorite was “Should Video Games Replace College?” It was an interesting discussion, and of course I am pretty biased. I would love to have had video gaming incorporated in classes. I mean, let’s be honest, how much work did I skip out on to play video games? There were others about how to stay productive in an always online world, but my favorite title was “Your Mom 2.0.” Sounds like the beginning a your momma joke session, but was really about how to make the internet easier to use (for your mom).

Anyway, Austin is all about live music, so I tried to get around and see as much as I could. Hey you never know, I could meet my next employer at a bar. Right. Networking. Anyway, I saw this great band called Your Vegas at a place called the Viper Room or something last night.

No comments: