Monday, May 12, 2008

And this is the thanks I get?

Sigh. Spirits low, folks.



I was thinking I should it go, but before I could even get this post up, the CEO mentions it again. So much for "we want you to feel comfortable here," "we are all about teamwork." I suppose trust falls and name games would be better way to encourage teamwork? We we all willing to work last weekend to keep schedule, but Erik closed down the office for repairs. In my experience, there are two fuels for teams. Coffee and beer. Stress and relief. This wasn't a kegger, it was just a couple of beers. Am totally off base?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey man, I'm with you on this one. There's nothing like celebrating with the team after a job well done. Then again, drinking physically at work probably isn't going to gain you points with the upper management. Are there any local bars you all could get together at after work? That could be an alternative that avoids all the tragic beer-smashing of CEOs...

Dredgerie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dredgerie said...

that's really unfortunate that he'd blow up like that. He seemed to go way overboard about the whole occasion. But I agree with Derek, sometimes, it's better to take the reward off campus.
I've had a few bosses that figured what I did on campus was their time, and what we did off campus didn't matter. Maybe Erik is the same way? What did George say when he mentioned it?

codewtrN8 said...

I'm pretty over it. George was pretty nice about it. He's a good guy, but when Erik comes around everyone is on edge. I relieved some stress though... if YouTube ever lets me upload, you'll see.